West Gippsland Visitor Information
Welcome to West Gippsland!
About West Gippsland
West Gippsland is a region in Victoria, Australia that includes the towns of Drouin, Warragul, Trafalgar, Yarragon, and more. It is known for its rolling hills, dairy farms, and natural beauty.
Things to Do
- Visit Jindivick Sculpture Park: Located in the small town of Jindivick, this outdoor sculpture park features works by local and international artists.
- Explore Mount Worth State Park: This park offers beautiful hikes through native forest and opportunities to spot wildlife such as echidnas and wallabies.
- Go wine tasting: West Gippsland is home to several wineries, including Brandy Creek Estate and Wild Dog Winery.
- Visit a farmers market: There are several farmers markets in the region, offering fresh produce and local products.
Where to Stay
There are several accommodation options in West Gippsland, ranging from hotels to bed and breakfasts. Some popular options include:
- The Warragul Motel: This motel offers clean and comfortable rooms in the heart of Warragul.
- Loft In The Mill: This charming bed and breakfast is located in a converted 19th-century flour mill in nearby Olinda.
- Tallawarra B&B: This bed and breakfast is located on a picturesque dairy farm in Drouin.
West Gippsland is located about 100km east of Melbourne. The easiest way to get there is by car, although there are also bus and train services available. From Melbourne, take the M1 towards Warragul and follow the signs to your desired destination.
When to Go
The best time to visit West Gippsland is in the spring and summer months from September to February, when the weather is warm and the landscape is lush.
Visit West Gippsland
West Gippsland is a beautiful and peaceful region that offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities, relaxation, and exploration. Whether you're looking for a weekend getaway or a longer stay, you're sure to find something to love in West Gippsland.